Other Hangouts

Saturday 29 November 2008

A Cheeky Visitor

I can always tell when winter is approaching, as that cheeky mouse who lives in the field next door tries to gain access to my home, in order to gorge himself on the dog biscuits. Ive had to save his sorry hide on more than one occassion from the dogs. Why do I stop the dogs from killing him my hubby asks? "I dunno", I answer, and then I feel my lips starting to quiver and water spurting from my pathetic eyeballs. He's torn between feeling guilty at my tears, and angry at my stupidness. Then with a shrug and a sigh he gives up and walks away. I cant help it. I know Im daft, and the mouse is vermin in the eyes of others, but I have this karma thing going on. Plus the tiny little thing is rather cute. Ive' even given Mr Mouse a name. I daren't tell hubby I have christened him Lucky though, as he may finally lose his patience and attempt to put that to the test.

No comments: