Other Hangouts

Saturday 13 February 2010

Catch Up

Err it's been nearly four months since my last confession (er I mean blog update). Well theres never enough hours in the day is there? Anyway, to summarise, Ive given up the market stall as I think I will make more by selling online and also by doing casual markets across the local counties from the Spring through to the Summer months, without having to tie myself up to a hefty rent outlay. Im not sad really, as it's served its purpose as a learning experience, and showed me I enjoy market trading. I never lost anything either, just breaking even really. As a whole the venue was suffering though, as other stalls werent doing too hot there either. I dont just blame a recession, it just seems to have seen its day, and no new customers were coming in. The venue is outdated and dosent attract the younger generation. I felt like it would be a lost cause and I wanted to hang on to my best remaining stock in order to have something to sell off in the following summer months. Also it means more time for my art, which was a major factor for me. ................. Riiiight, onwards and upwards eh?

No comments: