Other Hangouts

Wednesday 27 May 2009

Jesters, Chaos & Oddities

My work space

(laughs at the idea of calling this miniscule cubby hole "space")



Hubby has now relegated me to the porch area. He was kind enough to provide heating and lighting (snort) .......I refused to move my sewing machine from the living-room though! ...I dunno what his beef is, just because I have my stuff in the living room, the bedroom, the shed and now the garage he moans?

It looks like chaos in here. However, I can asssure you I know where everything is though (in a fashion). Meet my latest creation, Mr Jester. I'm going to attach some wire to the paintbrush he is holding and have him dangling from above. He's made of all cloth material, apart from the metal bells on his cap. Next to him is a gold angel peg doll, and up in the left corner are some gingham love birds.


A green/gold leaves man brooch Im working on

Polymer clay sculptures. Some daft cat, a pig fridge magnet and a gingerbread man.

A flower-pot baby. Sorry, but my photographing skills are virtually non-existant. It's a little fairy thing made out of clay, in a mini terracotta pot with some cloth petals attached to the head. The leaves around the top of the pot were made from clay too.


Teddy Bears Picnic




Just to the left of this photo theres a clay and wire rustic love bird thatI made out of poymer clay. I get bored quickly and have to have a number of things on the go at once. Also I haven't much paitence, and hate waiting for glue/paint/varnish to dry. Believe me, it's safer having some other projects to hand to keep me occupied. Im one of those people that put their fingers on still wet/tacky paint to see if it's dry! (duh)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Loved Your Jester and assortment of Oddities, I cannot wait to be able to buy your stuff on your new
Market Stall.

Maggie said...

Well that's wonderfully supportive sis, but I will make you something for nowt, for sure x