Other Hangouts

Sunday 23 August 2009

A Touch Of The Fae...........

I'm missing them. I havent had time to doodle much fantasy art and it's killing me. I am seriously going to have to manage my time better and more effectively. I need to be 'away with the fairies' (believe me its a good thing and quite theraputic). In fact, I need time for a lot of things. I miss spending more time with the kids, the dogs, my garden and allotment, reading, or even watching a decent film. Its pants huh? ........ Saying that, I did manage to watch 'Outlander' and 'The Watchmen' last night. Im mulling over them still.......

I cannot believe how time has flew by. It's nearly the start of the school year. My Grandson starts school for the first time this Sept. I feel (and according to the mirror) look ancient. Before we know it All Hallows Eve will be here and the nights will really start to draw in then, as well as there being a dramatic drop in the temperature. I think I must have blinked and missed the Summer. It was crappy wasn't it?

Oh by the way I got another Cockatiel. Not by choice, I was forced into it. I came home and it was there already settled in with Bella. It was courtesy of my son, who never asks my opinion first ......... Apparently, its from the same parents as Bella, so they are sisters. I couldn't think what to call her at first. Then after a couple of days they started argeying and bargeying over the territory. They have a love/hate reltationship. One minute they seem all cosey togeather and the next they bitch and hiss at each other over control of the swing.

Sometimes they can be quite spiteful and tug at each others spikey tuffs on top of their heads. One night they really hissed and screeched at each other and it dawned on me what to finally call the pair of harpies. Bella's sister is now called Donna. Belladonna...... geddit? The name seemed apt for the posionous gruesome twosome. No doubt they will settle down soon. I plan to add an additional swing anyway so hopefully that will shut the pair of swines up.

And finally........... heres a GET WELL SOON for my sis Carol. The poor bugger is off colour and suffering. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh yeah, I gave in and got a few fae on my stall........ I miss em

No comments: